A comprehensive set of applications to design detailed architectural projects for fabrication and construction
The CATIA Building Design Engineer role enables all stakeholders of a building project to manage and execute all phases of a project from design to fabrication within a single platform. It is a powerful suite of 3D applications that enable collaboration across different building trades, developed specifically to create detailed Building Information Models (BIM).
The Building Design Engineer on the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform delivers a truly collaborative design environment where architects, engineers, planners, consultants and building owners can work together to realize a building project.
By harnessing the powerful CATIA surface and solid modeling features, the Sheet Metal and Terrain Preparation applications in conjunction with the conceptual architectural design application Building Space Planning, users can design and deploy custom or standard parametric building components compliant with industry standards (IFC) and virtually assemble the building in its entirety before construction begins.
Building Design Engineer comes with Dassault Systemes 3DEXPERIENCE collaboration platform.
- Create high Level of Detail (LOD 450) Building Information Models (BIM), fully compliant with industry standards (IFC)
- Extensive scalability for projects of all sizes and levels of complexity
- Skip tedious workflows by fabricating building components directly from the 3D design model
- Achieve design clarity and avoid ambiguity by modeling the entire building with custom or generic templates
- Author building information models with the worlds most robust Product Lifecycle Management platform: the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
- New Role
- Geolocate a building project
- Model the surrounding terrain to a high Level of Detail
- Create low Level of Detail architectural models with Building Space Planning
- Create high Level of Detail architectural building components with Building Engineering 3D Design
- Design detailed building components using the Sheet Metal application
- Transition from low LOD to high LOD automatically with Component Based Design
- Manage and visualize complete building assemblies and monitor the building information model attribute completeness
- Extract parts of the building assembly for fabrication
- Create associative construction documents from the 3D model
- Collaborate with fully compatible IFC import / export functionality
- Create Engineering Templates to maximize knowledge reuse
- Create custom scripts to automate repetetive tasks with knowledge patterns, actions, reations and rules
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.