Cut design cycle times of home and lifestyle composites parts by designing in context of collaborative loops while accounting for manufacturing constraints.
The Consumer Product Composites Designer role offers a wide range of tools specialized for designing composites structures. The role offers robust design methods, dedicated to capturing both design intents from stress department as well as the context of assembly, while also considering the manufacturing process and its associated constraints. This conceptual to detailed design approach fully matches with the design practices of the composites industries, from the ‘ply by ply’ approach for simpler part, to the ‘grid’ approach for more complex stiffened structure.
Dedicated tools helps the composites design engineers to integrate with other disciplines (numerical sizing and manufacturing) and to produce the expected data while the design reaches its final maturity (conceptual solid, refined ply contours & properties, 3D Sections, weight estimation, etc.). At all stages of the design process, the manufacturability of the parts can be easily assessed with fiber simulation for hand layup or for fiber placement/tape laying, ensuring the release of a producible composites part with regards to the targeted manufacturing process.
The Consumer Product Composites Designer role is fully integrated with the Consumer Product Composites Manufacturing Engineer role dedicated to the preparation of a composites design into a producible part, and all the data of a composites design model can be consumed by the simulation products of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform in order to perform structural validation.
- Advance Surface Modeling tools along with Industry-proven design approaches to create composites data on complex surfaces.
- Fully associative design to handle changes, modifications and updates quickly and automatically.
- Capabilities to design in context of Assemblies.
- Define and manage complete stacking and generate plies from the virtual stacking.
- Ability to generate conceptual solids or IML surfaces for early integration of the composites parts in the mock-up.
- Advanced Producibility Analysis with fiber simulation for Hand Layup and Fiber Placement
- Powerful and accurate plies modification (swap, reroute, drop-off, plies chamfer, plies corner,…)
- Account manufacturing constraints early in the design process with dedicated features (3D Multi-Splicing, Darts, No Splice Zone, Butt Splice Zone,…)
- An array of Review tools (Check and Validate Contours, Perform Numerical Analysis, Visualize ply section, Core samples,…)
- Integrate Quality rules based approach for robust design and control of composites data.
- Prepare drawing-based ply book with ease and manage updates and changes automatically.
- Support for composites data model simulation with the Composites Simulation Engineer role.
- Leverage Model Based Design through fast 3D Tolerancing adoption
- Reduce errors of tolerancing and drawing interpretation .
- Complete Product definition throughout 3D annotations conveying full Product Manufacturing Information.
New role introduction
- Robust surface modeling tools
- Industry-proven design approaches
- Preliminary grid & zone design
- Ply modeling tools based on associative 3D features
- Best-in-class Solid and IML
- ITA and Junction lines control
- Core elevation
- Advanced producibility analysis
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.