Product #: 6CP-CDL-PLC
Overview – Extension for the Mechanical roles, to design and industrialize composites parts - combining Composites Design and Composites Manufacturing Preparation
The two core solutions, CATIA Composites Design and CATIA Composites Manufacturing preparation which are both integrated in the 3DExperience platform, allow designers to optimize composite design steps while composites manufacturing constraints can be embedded early in the conceptual stage which reducing design time in order to design complex production-ready composites and mass-produce composites parts..
Furthermore, designers during the preliminary design can choose industry-proven design approach to mate better with structural parts. For example : the grid design approach can be benefit for the design of aerospace barrels, boat hulls, and wind turbine blades.
It also enables designers to automatically optimize plies during detailed design with dedicated features and easily simulate how the part behaves structurally or what is going to happen on the shop floor with outputs generation.
- Design, validate, manage and optimize complex production-ready composites parts
- Ensure collaboration between engineering and manufacturing teams
- Choose between multiple-proven approaches to capture stress inputs from analysis
- Reduce design time to market
- Allow the designer to focus on the design intent
- Predict the behavior of the part inside the design environment
- Provides designers to capture the assembly information within the design environment
- Account manufacturing constraints early in the design process
- (3D Multi-Splicing, Darts, No Splice Zone, Butt Splice Zone, …)
- Optimize the performances and weight by designing in the context of analysis
- Industrialize complex composites parts before production
- Natively consume design data
- Minimize development costs and prototyping, avoiding trial and error
- Mature ecosystem of solutions for Hand Lay Up, RTM, ATL/AFP
- Downstream activities for traditional hand lay-up
- Generate outputs for Model Based Definition and engineering design