Product #: 6CP-ELD-PLC
Overview – An integrated 3D electrical development environment which enables the physical design of wire harnesses in the context of the Digital Mock-Up
Electrical Designer is an option to be used on top of a Mechanical role that covers the Physical Design of wire harness within the Digital Mock-up of a product. It is part of the complete integrated Electrical process and has tight synchronization capabilities with the Systems Schematic Designer role and the Electrical Harness Manufacturing Engineer role.
The Electrical Designer role delivers a process-specific solution for designing physical wire harnesses. This solution is driven by logical specifications (schematics) and is integrated with harness manufacturing preparation. By delivering a realistic simulation for 3D wire harness packaging in an integrated environment, this powerful solution reduces design time and increases the overall quality of large-scale electrical systems. It also enriches the design through realistic deformation of flexible harnesses by taking into account environmental conditions like gravity.
- Synchronize electrical schematic to 3D design to improve electrical systems quality and consistency
- Design and optimize electrical 3D harness bundles and cableways accurately in the context of the full product
- Route 3D wires and cables to obtain exact bundle diameters and wire/cable lengths
- Increased design quality with full consistency between Logical and Physical electrical systems.
- Benefit from the Logical to physical approach even if you are working with external ECAD applications.