Product #: 6CP-MOL-PLC
Overview – Design, Detail and Validate Injection Mold
The CATIA Mold and Tooling Designer role enables a flexible and highly-customizable approach from conceptual to detailed mold tooling design. This role enables the user to automate design tasks and assist user decision-making at any step of a complex mold design:
Conceptual design for bidding process including accurate pulling direction and wall thickness analysis, placeholder for ejectors and cooling systemsAnticipate and check manufacturing compliance with plastic injection simulation integrated in the environment of the mold designerExtract parting lines and parting surfaces in dedicated features providing a unique design change automation. Re-use complex mechanical systems for earlier kinematics validation Re-use company know-how captured in smart componentsCatalogs of standard Moldbases equipped with smart components from most of the mold tooling suppliers Seamless 3D Electrode design
Finally the complete integration within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allows work concurrently in teams on the same project.
- One integrated solution from part design to tooling manufacturing
- Automate design tasks and assist user decision-making
- Anticipate and check manufacturing compliance
- Capture, deploy and re-use company know-how
- Enable collaborative online engineering
- Facilitate & reduce the time of design change from the part to the mold thanks to automatic update
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.