Course Code: CAT-en-3DE-A-15-181
Discipline: Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Multi-Discipline Engineering, Electrical and Fluids Engineering
Release: 3DEXPERIENCE R2018x
Duration: 32 Hours
Description: This course will introduce you to complex modeling techniques. You will use advanced sketch-based and surface-based features to design parts and learn how to improve productivity by reusing existing features. You will also see how to design a product architecture and manage complex assembly structures, using advanced features to design parts within an assembly environment. Finally, you will learn how to analyze interferences and then create an assembly layout using advanced tools to dress-up and annotate the final drawing.
Objective: Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Create and manage complex parts
- Create fully parameterized models
- Create re-usable features
- Analyze interferences, component links and relations
- Manage complex product structures
- Design new parts within a product
- Create large assembly layouts with tables and bill of materials
Prerequisites: Students attending this course should have completed the Gateway to the 3DEXPERIENCE platform course and in addition, they should be familiar with the Mechanical Design Fundamentals.