Manufacturing standards and norms play an essential role early in the product conception phase, and must be considered throughout product design. The lack of built-in catalogs and specifications increases design time and costs.
CATIA – Piping Schematic to Design product enables the user to design and manage logical lines of piping systems using standards and specifications according to industry usage. It enables creation of component catalogs with multi-representation, attributes and design rules. The system engineer creates intelligent schematics piping diagrams.
Fully integrated, the piping designer builds the 3D design directly from 2D diagrams (2D/3D driven). Theses intelligent diagrams and 3D design capability enable users to create and validate their designs with respect to company know-how.
This product covers project engineering from basic design up to detailed design.
Piping versus Tubing: Piping standard components such as valves and flanges are welded or bolted with straight pipes.
• Improves product performance and quality thanks to standards and material specifications taking into account the design rules, automatic parts placement and multi-representation
• Full associativity between 2D schematics and 3D piping design
• Improve time to design with an intuitive user interface to annotate, validate the model, query data and generate appropriate report information
• Single geometric modeler for all the equipment and system products such as Tubing, HVAC, etc.,
• Full integration between mechanical and equipment and system products
• Capitalizes company know-how to design right the first time
• Organizes catalog customization with full parametric components alongside technological attributes (pressure, temperature, etc.)
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.