Certified Control Systems Technician® (CCST®) Level I Review Course (TS00)
Length: 4 days
CEU Credits: 2.8
Course Hours: 8:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Take this review course and schedule an electronic CCST exam on the date and at the location of your choosing-at no additional fee! The exam fee will be waived ONLY if you attend the review course AND you meet the CCST qualifications. You must submit a CCST application and your course registration form six (6) weeks prior to your course date to be eligible for this offer.
Upon approval of your application, you will receive an eligibility letter with instructions on when and how to schedule your exam electronically. You must take your exam within your Testing Window twelve (12) month eligibility period.
This is a fast-paced review of the knowledge and practical skills necessary to install and maintain standard measurement and control instrumentation. It is intended for practicing technicians preparing for the CCST Level I exam. An explanation of the examination process and practice certification-type exams are provided.
You will be able to:
- Cite principles and theory that explain measurement and control instrument functions
- Describe procedures required to properly maintain the function of measurement and control instrumentation
- Identify the procedures and safety requirements for loop checking and its purpose
- Perform calculations and other analysis of information related to the calibration and troubleshooting of measurement and control instruments and systems
- Describe procedures required to safely start-up and shut-down a new or existing process
- Review normal tasks of process control technicians as outlined by the current CCST job task analysis.
- Define the education, experience, and examination requirements for becoming a CCST
- Identify important knowledge and skill requirements of a practicing CCST
- Describe the procedures involved in taking the CCST Level I exam
- Identify any need for further study or training in specific knowledge areas
- Complete a simulated CCST Level I Practice Exam at the end of each day
You will cover:
- Concepts of Process Control
- Calibration: Maintenance | Repair | Troubleshooting
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagram (P&ID) Basics
- Project Start-Up, Commissioning, Loop Checking, Project Organization, Planning
- Evaluation of Loop Performance
- P&IDs and ISA Standards
- Installation Practices
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Intrinsic Safety
- Logical Analysis
- Common Problems
- Types and Uses of Loop Diagrams
- Basics of Smart Devices and Digital Controllers
- Calculating and Configuring Smart Transmitters
- Process Variables: Pressure | Level | Flow | Temperature | Analytical
- Final Control Elements
- Unit conversion calculations
- Calibration documentation and analysis
- Trouble recognition and analysis
- ISA CCST Level I practice exams
To register for this course Contact ISA or email email@example.com
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.