In this module, you will explore Virtual commissioning with DELMIA and ControlBuild. Discover how to improve the virtual workcell in DELMIA Robotics to make it ready for co-simulation with CATIA ControlBuild, using sensors, IO and others, through the example of a Body-in-White (BIW) station. You will learn about ControlBuild, with a basic example of model in standalone mode, then with a more complex logic to control the BIW station. Further, you will understand how to connect the two softwares through shared memory and FMI to perform a “model in the loop” virtual commissioning.
Upon completion of this learning module, you will be able to:
- Prepare a Robot Workcell for Virtual Commissioning
- Create the required dataset in ControlBuild (virtual control software and real-time functional plant behavior) in SFC or Ladder
- Create an FMU connector for the real-time communication with DELMIA
- Connect the two modules to perform a co-simulation (“model in the loop”) through an FMU Connector
- In the provided example, the control (logics) of the DELMIA workcell is done in CB
Beside the logics, we also provide an example of a functional model (clamp) in CB, where we compute the joint values used in DELMIA to animate this clamp in 3D in real-time.
Students enrolling for this learning path must be familiar with the fundamentals of the Collaborative Industry Innovator and Collaborative Business Innovator domain. Additionally, they should have the knowledge on the following topics: DELMIA Body-in-White Robot Programmer BIW domain Development of automated applications (PLC) International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 61131-3 standard language (Sequential Function Chart SFC, Ladder program, Function Bloc Diagram, Structured text)
10 hours 50 minutes
LANGUAGE(S) FOR SELECTED RELEASE
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.